Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I want to be honest and positive at the same time. might be difficult! We have discovered that Charlie is severely tongue tied, which we've been told requires surgery. With general anesthesia. and unfortunately, this may take 2-3 wks to get done. I redoubled my nursing efforts this time around, being more prepared and trying more purposefully. We were going to make progress, I think. But my issues, combined with his issues, let's just say things are not going well. I know everything will work out, and we are just so blessed and grateful to have him and for him to be so perfect and healthy. But this does mean an awful lot to me and we have tried so very hard this time. We will see what happens tomorrow. Not sleeping very much. Me, not him!


My 2 good lookin boys! He doesn't have many awake-not-fussing times, so this was special.

Mom was mostly housekeeper and Hannahkeeper, so she didn't hold Charlie much. I'm surprised I got this picture!
He's been kind of yellow, so I've taken him outside some. I've missed being able to play with my little girl, but thankfully someone else has blown bubbles and drawn chalk pictures with her.
yes, we had our first outing. but now i'm back to hibernating, other than doctors appointments.
He slept through the entire breakfast, which was wonderful!
I am so thankful for Patrick's relationship with Hannah. They are so close.
My family! It makes me cry. (then again, EVERYTHING makes me cry right now :-)
somehow my mom managed to sew Hannah her own apron while she was here. It's a little big, so lots of room to grow. and the other side is a Christmas one. so she'll be all ready to help me.
We haven't taken a third of the pictures we did with Hannah, but here's at least one for the book.

He likes to flop his arms around, and take up lots of space.
At my shower, people wrote things on diapers. This was my favourite.
This was his first few hours of birth. I never wanted Hannah to be an only child, but I never knew exactly how much joy I would feel watching my children together.
The best seat in the house!
she LOVES to hold him. tries to do it herself all the time, actually. so far, no accidents :-)

she wanted to give Charlie stickers, which are some of her favourite things.

Patrick gave me this amazing gift basket he put together himself, that really showed that he knew me. I was so impressed. and believe it or not, i cried :-) He even picked out the ribbon for the bow himself.
My mom remembered Hannah might feel left out, so she had something to open to.

This was the very first day too. When he had to wear a hat, Hannah wanted a hat too. My mom had just gotten her this really cute one for fall, so we pulled it out so they could match.
The crisps weren't coming till monday, but we begged and pleaded, so Des came early! Unless I were to throw Cheerios at Hannah and keep her strapped into a chair in front of the tv, there's no way i could do both right now. So I am incredibly grateful. David will come Monday. Patrick is back at work, unfortunately. But at least it's mostly from home, so i'm not complaining. We'll talk to you all later. thanks for checking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the book Corduroy - love Hannah's brown hat with the pink flower - love that you're out and about already!

Hope that feeding is going well and that you all can get a little sleep!

Charlie is adorable!

Kelly said...

Congrats on the beautiful litlle boy! Keeping you and the family in my prayers. :)

Kelly said...

Little, sorry...