Monday, August 10, 2009


so even though there are babies all over the place at my church, and this is my second, some of my friends gave me a baby shower. it was so sweet because we have been somewhat distracted by potential changes in the work situation and that these days and honestly haven't really focused on the baby much.


i almost didn't put this picture up because it's so obvious how huge i am. (height, not necessarily belly. that's huge too, you just can't tell) whoever said being tall was a good thing has never stood out so much from everybody around them! but anyways, these are my fellow pregnant people, in order of due dates. and each of the women not in this picture has a baby under a year. so i'm in good company.
hannah enjoying helping me.
hannah and her little friend andrew, keeping themselves occupied. andrew is my friend kim's son, and she is having her baby a day after my due date. busy busy!
she didn't even ask for any cake or chocolate fondue. just sat and ate her tortilla chips.
the two ladies who hosted my shower. chandra (L), has a 6 mos old, and she is going to come over and help with Hannah during the birth. Camille has twin boys, and she's having a little girl this fall.
we enjoyed a special last date before the baby comes.
hannah and i have both not been sleeping well, and the other day she woke up before seven. since i was already awake, we left the house so patrick could sleep. we walked to starbucks, and i packed ernest hemingway for me and strawberry shortcake for her. which do you think got more attention? there was a woman there who stayed for quite a while reading the latest jodi picoult book, who happens to be one of my favourite authors. i had a moment of envy, then looked back at my daughter and realized how precious this time is.
playing outside. she loves to roleplay that she's leaving. she'll get a bag, her toy phone, even keys if she can get ahold of them, then come and say, bye, have a good day, i'm leaving. then she'll come back and say, I'm back, or something. it's especially fun with her car, of course.
bonding with our friends. Hananh calls the older brother Bubba, because the other ones do. I think it's pretty cute!
this, on the other hand, was not cute. it came in a bag of donated stuff, and i showed it to patrick as a joke, and hannah decided she liked it. honestly, she wouldn't let me take it off all day. she doesn't even know who sponge bob is, i have no idea why she liked it. and even her hair looks like a mullet here!
so i wanted to get some good pictures at the sprinkler park, but the kids didn't co operate. we really like going to the sprinkler park, it makes being outside more bearable!
the other day i was trying to make muffins and Hannah was driving me crazy, so i stopped trying to distract her and instead asked her to participate. that made things take twice as long and twice as messy, but i think we both had fun.

my mom got Hannah this puzzle for her birthday, and the 3 of us put it together the other day. after i got them to stop fighting over it!
She also got this adorable little case from Jeana, Patrick's aunt. She loves putting things in it and carrying them around!
Am I allowed to start complaining now about being uncomfortable? because I am definitely uncomfortable! I guess it's a good thing we have company 4 days/wk, because it'll help keep me distracted. I'm dfinitely in a zone where it's hard to get motivated or excited about anything, all I want to do is have this baby. so, join me in praying for early!

4 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

These pictures are great! I'm so happy to see you and Patrick made time for a date night before the baby. Speaking of baby, from the looks of these photos - Hannah is officially no longer on at all. Too fast!

The shower looks like fun! I would love to be there with you as you're getting ready for Charlie, but via-blog will have to do!

Love, K

Kate Borders said...

Ditto on way to go for date night (you look especially beautiful in the picture)!

Can't wait to see pics of Charlie :)

Brett said...

Very good pictures...we're anxiously anticipating the arrival of our nephew, although not as much as you are i'm sure! Hannah looks cute as ever!

Brett said...

I just looked through these pictures again and can't believe how much Hannah looks like a "big girl"...especially the one at the water park!