Sunday, May 10, 2009

I hadn’t realized how long it had been until I saw these pictures from Easter! We are enjoying late spring here in Frisco, we’ve had warm days alternating with cooler ones and lots and lots of rain! Patrick’s been traveling some, and Hannah and I have been working quite a bit, so the time is really flying by. I can’t believe I’m 24 wks tomorrow. This time around, I actually have to look it up, because I forget. If I weren’t still hungry, I would probably forget that I’m pregnant. This is the only time I appreciate being tall, because he has so much room to grow. So I guess that means things are going well on the new baby front.
Patrick and I made a traditional (for me at least) Easter meal, just the two of us. All you need is an Easter lily, and it makes me feel like Easter. Interestingly enough, it also makes me want to eat chocolate. Honestly. Even walking by them in the store, it’s a subconscious physiological reaction! I learned my lesson this year, though: don’t wait until it goes on sale and try to find good stuff, because it’s all taken. That was ok, because Patrick made a chocolate layer cake for us!














Hannah enjoyed some special Easter things from her grandparents. Of course, she went straight for the shoes! Then we got to the bubbles, which she absolutely loves, and playdough. And now she won’t wash in the bath without her special Easter washcloths.




I know this picture’s kind of fuzzy, but it was so cute. She got Patrick’s keys, and a purse that I gave her for play, and she said she was going in the car. The lack of clothes was apparently a non-issue. She’s finally gotten over the diaper removal, but this picture is from before. Every parent needs a picture of their baby sleeping!

The other day I had to run errands, and I came out of an appointment to find 3 messages on my phone. Hannah had woken up early, immediately hysterical. Patrick runs in to her room, or as far as he can before gagging on the horribleness permeating the whole thing. She’d pooped before or after taking her diaper off, who knows, but maybe in her sleep because if she’d been awake she would have called out. But somehow she got it EVERYWHERE. I thought he was exaggerating until I got home (much later). We’re talking every blanket, every stuffed animal, her cup, and head to toe herself. She was trying to get away from it, trying to climb out in one corner. Patrick tried to pick her up but she was just covered. She was really upset so she wanted me and wouldn’t stop screaming and Patrick had to put her immediately in the bath before he could really comfort her. It was terrible. Really, there are no words. (He was also really involved in some work stuff, because she was supposed to be sleeping.) I told him to just leave everything because I had no idea what to do with it. When I got home and opened the door to her room, I couldn’t even go in for a second. Uggghhhhhh. Apparently it took Hannah over an hour to calm down.

One of the things I had done was meet a woman from Craigslist about some baby clothes. She met me halfway, her trunk filled with trashbags of clothes from newborn – 12 mos. So I came home with a random assortment, and Hannah was trying to help me organize it.
“Uh, mommy, I don’t know if this is going to fit me.”



Puddlejumping after one of our big rains.


Playing golf



This morning Patrick woke up early and made me chocolate chip pancakes, my favourite. By default, Hannah got one too. It was her first chocolate experience. If there had been a way around it, I would have taken it, but oh well. Normally I eat my junk food out of her sight J. We sort of matched, but she wouldn’t stand up so you could see her dress. It was cute, though! Patrick also helped Hannah get me a card with a personalized recorded greeting. I think I cried for 5 min. It has become my newest prized possession. The day it stops playing I’m sure I’ll cry again! When I was in Africa my mom and sisters got me one of those picture frames with a recording, and that first Christmas there by myself when I opened it I sat there pushing it over and over and over again, just bawling. This wasn’t that bad! But there’s something about the voices of our loved ones.

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

That last picture is so wonderful. I love it.

I'm impressed with Patrick's kitchen skills, by the way!

Jessica said...

Fantastic post! Thanks for filling us in about your wonderful Easter meal and other fun new things with your family .... well, and one that wasn't so fun. I especially love the last picture of you and Hannah together...so cute! We love you and can hardly wait to see you next week!

Jessica