Thursday, February 19, 2009

home again


we had a good time out in colorado, especially knowing hannah barely even noticed we were gone! for those of you who are blessed enough to live in the mountains, you won't appreciate these pictures. it was neat going with patrick because he'd never seen the mountains in the winter, and only very briefly once in the summer. I learned to appreciate them anew. Being 10-12,000 ft higher than normal was challenging in and of itself! I had (and still have) that cold, so breathing was difficult. I had to take off all my protective gear every few minutes to blow my nose.






this is patrick admirably working his way down the hill in the above picture. he did really well, i was proud of him. as for me, let's just say it's not like riding a bike. i think i have to lower my expectations while i'm on this once every 3 yrs schedule.





as you can see we weren't the only ones who thought this would be a good weekend to go.




these are main street, frisco CO. looks a little different from frisco tx, eh?


patrick rehydrating. jana surveying the options.






i was against this picture. i was against all close up pictures, for good reason! but i make no apologies for my not so glamour status. we were, after all, simply skiing. my sisters and i used to forgo hats just so they wouldn't mess up our hair. at 15, that seemed important :-). we were so tired that we were in bed by 9 both days. the first day it didn't even reach 20 degrees outside, so i was not about to worry about what i looked like. where we were, that was ok. had we done our apres ski at, say, the hotel jerome in aspen, it would have been a different story i guess.
i'm getting busy with my 3 very part time jobs, and keeping up with hannah. i think we're going to start potty training soon. she's developing this frustrating habit of taking her pants (and diaper) off. not good. since my time at home is increasingly more limited, i will keep this brief and move on to my next thing. i have some great hannah pictures from the weekend for later.

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

I'm so glad you guys went - and that you posted pictures so quickly! Looks cold, but beautiful.