Friday, August 08, 2008

I have moved about 10 times in my life, and lived in 18 different homes, since some of those were in town moves. I thought it was more, actually. some times it feels like it. other than some difficult times in high school, normally i haven't minded my gypsy lifestyle too much. which is good because i don't anticipate it changing. but there are times, especially since Hannah, when i wish things were different. actuallly i wish everyone got all kinds of vacation days and air travel was really cheap.
as i think about hannah's birthday party tomorrow, my mind travels all over the place to people who i want to share in this event. family, obviously, like dad and bunny and patricks parents, then grandparents, some of whom have never met hannah, and all other extended family; people i've known since i was a baby and saw/spoke to often as a child when our families got together but now i rarely/never see, although they still mean something to me, like the hursts, gualdieris, and lockes; oeople from patrick's old church in VA, who finally got to briefly see Hannah last weekend; friends from highschool that i never talk to now but would if our lives ever intersected; friends from africa, both missionaries (of course Kari and jonathan in france: i'd give anything for them to be able to come) and Senegalese friends that always told me i needed to have a baby right away; Patrick's friends from LeTourneau, who knew him before he was who he is today, and friends from Crossroads, our church in Longview, whose examples of family continue to encourage and inspire me, like the farrells, the bradshaws, the crowes, the vasheys, and many others.

so many people I wish could share in this day with us. We will miss you.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Making me tear up over my breakfast, Roxaya. I wish so much that we could be there too. I'm so thankful we got to meet Hannah (and see you guys) when we were back last time.

Give her a birthday hug for me and show her my picture. (Preferably one where I have a tan.)

Love and a big hug,
- K

Desiree said...

Jana,
You make us very proud to be your in-laws. How thoughtful and unselfish of you to think of all of us. Please enjoy this day and all who are there to the fullest! It does make me think about heaven though, when there will be no more goodbyes and everyone will be togther forever! Until then we all have to do what we are called to do to make His family bigger. Love Ya, Miss Ya!
Mom and Dad C.

Jessica said...

You are such a beautiful family! Genuine and precious hearts all the way around! I know that you wish that you could see more people and let Hannah share experiences with them, but you are being such a great mom in feeling this way! Please know that any time that any of us do get to see her as well as you and patrick - it is a huge blessing! We love you and hope you enjoy a wonderful party! I am sure that all of the details will come together!