Saturday, November 28, 2009


so, we had a wonderful week, and now we're all alone again and much less skinny. not that we were skinny before, but you know what i mean! grandma jan almost didn't get to come, but we are so glad that she made it. she is looking wonderful, now all done with her radiation!


Hannah "helped" me decorate and set the table. i kept fighting back tears thinking of when she wouldn't come home for thanksgiving.


me and my precious baby girl, proud of the table


this is the closest we came to a group picture. i made half of the food ahead of time, and Gma Jan did the turkey, so the day wasn't even stressful. we had turkey, cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, horseradish carrots, baked mac'n'cheese, and rolls. Then we had mulled cider, and Patrick made a pumpkin-pecan pie for dessert. I was somewhat nervous about hosting my first big holiday, my mom having set such high standards, but it turned out great i think. paper plates and all!



patrick and hannah digging in. really all she liked was macncheese and rolls.

charlie charmed everyone! nana got all kinds of smiles and laughs out of him.

daddy has big shoes to fill


we went to the dallas arboretum, and had a wonderful time. all kinds of pictures. it was such a gorgeous day, and my children were so sweet and beautiful.



a little blurry, but still one of my favourites




nana practiced silly smile/sweet smile with hannah, so she'd be ready for pictures




























hannah and i have enjoyed playing in the leaves this fall. i love to see her face light up and hear her laugh, just enjoying life. i know this is cliche, but i will treasure those moments forever.

we are so thankful to God for our family. My children teach me so much, and I am blessed beyond what I could ever deserve to call my husband and children my own.

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

Okay, I lost count of which pictures were my favorites. The pigtails are awesome. Charlie's gotten so big already! Your table looked perfect. I love the family pictures (the pumpkin straddle, walking away, an you 2 smooching...)

I miss you!